Financial Aid for Indian Students at Stanford
Availability of Education Scholarships is often the determining factor in applying to a program. Today, we look at one such scholarship
Education Scholarships for Indian Students at Stanford: Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship
Financing an MBA degree is one of many crucial factors a prospective student must consider prior to even considering entering the competition.
Since expenses at Stanford GSB require a substantial financial commitment from both the student and the university, MBA candidates are encouraged to begin saving personal resources far in advance of applying to the program. Stanford GSB does its part by providing not only need-based fellowships and loans, but also non-need-based loans to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, as well as international students who qualify for assistance.
Reliance Industries Limited generously created the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program to support Indian nationals living in India who need financial assistance in obtaining an MBA at Stanford.
The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program provides future Indian leaders with the educational foundation to effect positive change in India. Fellows return to India to lead organizations that are at the forefront of growth and development in the rapidly emerging Indian economy.
Up to five students may receive Education Scholarships under the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program.
Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will receive financial support for the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Program (approximately $140,000 total).
Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are required to return to India for a period of at least two years to work for an Indian organization.
Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities.
Process and Evaluation Criteria
- Apply for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
- Apply to Stanford MBA Program
- Attend Stanford MBA Program
- Return to work in India for at least two years
Stage 1: Complete the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Application
Up to 50 Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will be selected based on:
- Commitment to developing India
- Financial need
Stage 2: Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Finalists Complete the Standard Application Process for the Stanford MBA Program
As part of the MBA admission process, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists must meet all Stanford GSB application requirements, including submission of GMAT or GRE and IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL if applicable.
Stanford may select up to five Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows each year from among the finalists based on their primary admission criteria:
- Intellectual vitality
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Personal qualities and contributions
Fellowship application materials include:
- Educational history and scores: 10 board exams, 12 board exams, Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), and/or Common Admission Test (CAT). Additionally, you may submit the GMAT or GRE scores, if available. These are optional at the fellowship application stage. If you’re selected as a finalist, you’ll be required to take one of these exams as part of your application to the MBA Program.
- If you went to an undergraduate college or university where the language of instruction was not English, you may also be required to take an English-language exam. Official transcripts are not considered at this stage. Finalists will be required to submit an unofficial copy of their transcripts in the MBA Application and will submit official copies upon admission to the MBA Program.
- Awards and honors (academic or social)
- Employment history: Letters of recommendation are not considered at this stage. Finalists will be required to submit two Letters of Recommendation in the MBA Application.
- One-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- 250-word essay
- Individual financial information
Requirements to apply for this Fellowship differ from the general requirements for the MBA Program. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at Stanford GSB.